#Viz2educate focuses on creating a high-quality bank of educational resources for teachers worldwide. Teachers will have free access to dig into subject-related visualizations.
Use Social Media and Data Visualization to:
- Create an online gallery of educational resources for teachers and students globally.
- Create visualizations that do not only help teachers with access to unlimited resources, but also instigate the next generation toward data visualization.
- Our gallery will be a one-stop-shop for subjects like geography, history, science, etc. The visualizations will be based on a curated global syllabus post discussion with teachers from around the globe.
Each month, we will be creating visualizations on a specific topic which is part of the global education syllabus. For each month we will focus on a different subject which will be announced on the website at the start of the month. We will be sharing our creations with the #datafam and the wider teaching community.
- Start of the month –We will share a post with information on that month’s chosen topic, along with some useful links and websites just in case you guys want to join in!
- Middle of the month – We will share our visualizations and highlight any submissions from the community.
- End of the month – We will share a blog post discussing our viz, as well as highlighting any further submissions from the data community. We will be uploading all visualizations in our gallery which will serve as a resource portal for teachers around the globe.
Want to get involved?
Although this is not a typical project in that we don’t provide monthly data, we would love for you to join in with our chosen topic for each month. If you feel like you have a viz that you think would be a great resource for teachers or students, then please use our hashtag and submit your viz to be featured in our online gallery!
How to Submit Your Viz?
- You can also create a viz based on our topics and syllabus guidelines using any tool/programming language which is free to access and can be shared across the world.
- Share your visualizations on Twitter and LinkedIn with the hashtag #Viz2educate and tag both of us.
- Enter your viz into the submission tracker to be featured in our teaching resources gallery.
How else can you get involved?
We do understand that there are a lot of monthly community projects out there and to participate in everything seems arduous since we haven’t yet discovered a way to add more hours to the day. There are other great ways that you can get involved!
- Join us as a ‘Syllabus Moderator’ – Help us curate the syllabus content for the topic of the month based on the syllabus from your country of residence and get featured in our Moderators page as a ‘Syllabus Moderator’
- Help Spread the Word – If you see a viz with the #Viz2educate hashtag then please share it and help us spread the word to teachers and students
- We have recently seen some amazing visualizations from the #datafam community which we believe could be used as valuable resources for teachers and students – if you think that you have a viz on your tableau public which would be suitable then please submit it via the submission link to maybe get it featured in the teaching resources gallery!
Follow us on Twitter and connect on LinkedIn: